The lovely, talented and fast (yes, I said fast) Kris from Canadian Girl Runs nominated my blog for a Liebster Award.
The Liebster highlights new bloggers or bloggers with a smaller following so that they can get a little traffic!
THANK YOU, KRIS!
It’s always nice to get a little shot in the arm and know someone has read – and possibly enjoyed – my ramblings.
Rules for the Liebster award
- List 10 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Place YOUR nominations for the Liebster Award! Nominate other bloggers that have fewer than 200 followers. Make sure to notify them via comment/email, etc.
- Make up a set of questions for those nominated bloggers to answer.
- Display the Liebster award badge on your blog!
My random facts
- I lived on three continents before I was 5 years old
- Winter is my second favourite season
- I’ve seen a ghost
- Can’t drink from coffee cup lids without disaster
- I struggle with girly stuff, like getting haircuts, nails done, tanning
- The pottery owl on my desk reminds me of someone pretty damn awesome
- Lake Louise was my home for 7 years
- I worry about my parents
- Robin Zander is hot – even now
- I could watch Lord of the Rings over & over & over & over…
Questions from my nominator, Kris @ Canadian Girl Runs!
- What is your favourite distance to run? For training purposes I feel nicely worked over after a 5-miler. Right now, I’d say a 10K is my racing favourite. Mind you, I still have a 25K to meet at the end of the month so my answers could change!
- If you could run a race anywhere in the world where would it be? Short term goals – I’m looking with runner’s envy upon the Vancouver SeaWheeze! I’m going to be on the ball for the 2015 registration.
- Who is your biggest fitness inspiration? I’m inspired by everyday people who make fitness a priority in their lives, whether they are friends, colleagues, or virtual peeps. Surrounding myself with all that positive peer pressure helps me achieve my goals, and push for even greater challenges.
- Ten years ago today, what would be the “most played song” on your iPod (or walkman, or mp3, or discman…)? Ten years ago I was living in Dubai, raising two young boys and working insane hours in the hotel/PR industry. I used to play a mix tape of Brit hits my former boss made for me.
- What is your favourite restaurant? I go where there’s goat cheese.
- What is the best advice you could give someone who is just starting to get into fitness? Take it easy, set bite-sized goals and you will set yourself up for a solid lifestyle change.
- Favourite dessert? Can I say goat cheese?
- What is one piece of technology you just CANNOT live without? I’m pretty addicted – much like a teenager at the dinner table – to my iPod for music, podcasts and the good old Internet.
- What is your favourite TV show? Netflix – does that count? I love Netflix because I can have one night stands with Lost, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Gossip Girl, Downton Abbey, Dexter, etc and then move on to the next binge.
- Finally, what made you decide to start blogging? I started blogging about my fitness journey so that I could keep track and hold myself accountable. As well, having a platform to share ideas and motivation. Maybe I could inspire someone else one day.
My questions for Tiffany at Summer Silence
- What/who inspires you?
- If you were to host a dinner party and could invite anyone – living or dead – who are your top six?
- What is the first thing you check on your phone when you wake up?
- Who would you love to interview next on your blog?
- What is the veggie dish you love to prepare and share?
- What colours are in for this fall?
- Thoughts on macramé owls – making a comeback?
- What is your favourite piece of clothing?
- Where do you shoot most of your blog photos?
- When did you know you wanted to blog?